Class 4 Classroom
26th February, 2021
Dear Parents/Carers and Year 4 Children,
I hope that this letter continues to find you all safe and well. We are looking forward to welcoming everyone back to school on Monday, 8th March. The government expect all children to attend school unless they have been instructed to self-isolate or you have received a letter which states they should shield (school requires a copy of this letter to comply with government regulations). Schools have been instructed to continue with previous safety arrangements including reducing contact, maintaining ‘bubbles’ and promoting good hygiene. Please look at our updated Risk Assessment document on our website which gives specific details of the measures our school continues to take.
The following arrangements will continue:
- Year 4 will re-open from Monday 8th March.
- The school day will be: 8:55am until 2:40pm each day.
- Children should wear a school polo shirt and jumper/cardigan, any bottoms and footwear suitable for PE.
- Children should bring a full water bottle with them, a packed lunch from home (or order a Universal free school packed lunch), any medication they require (inhalers/epi-pen) and a cap/sun hat or other weather dependent items.
- Sunscreen should be applied at home prior to attending school.
- Good timekeeping is essential to prevent parents and children arriving and leaving in large numbers.
- One adult should accompany a child to school and that adult should wear a face mask whilst they are on school property (playground/yard).
On arrival: (8:55 am)
- Children should line up outside the main Key Stage Two door in the playground/yard on the plastic markings for social distancing.
- Parents should inform staff of any illness or symptoms of illness (asthma/hay fever etc.).
- A member of staff will take every child’s temperature prior to entry, if it is raised the individual will not be able to attend school.
- Each child will move to their allotted work area where they will keep their water bottle and packed lunch.
- Each child will be issued with their own individual hand sanitiser which they will name and use it immediately upon entry each day and throughout the day as directed by their teacher.
- All books will be on a child’s table with all their required resources for the day. These will be kept for the sole use of each child.
During the day:
- Children will practise fire emergency evacuations maintaining social distancing.
- They will work at their work area and not move around their class.
- Should a child need to use the toilet they will use the disabled toilet one at a time as directed by the teacher.
- The corridors will have barriers to prevent mixing with Year 5 children and Year 3 children when they return to school.
- Staggered break and lunch times have been organised to prevent contact between groups.
- School packed lunches will be taken to the classroom and children will eat their lunches in their classrooms. They will then have a short period of time outside in the fresh air (weather permitting).
Collection from school: (2:40pm)
- Parents should continue to maintain social distancing whilst waiting in the playground/yard.
- Children will take all personal items home each day.
- Children will be released one at a time when their parents are seen.
From the 8th March children will not be provided with remote education as they are expected to attend school. Should your child be self-isolating or be clinically vulnerable you will be provided with remote learning (online and/or photocopied packs) from the day after school has been informed of their status. Home learning and spellings etc. will continue to be provided via your child’s class Eschools page.
Please continue to take care, stay safe and be kind. Thank you again for your continued support and co-operation at this most difficult time and please remember we are here to help.